ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ


 IMATS 2011 SYDNEY
So I went with Katharine.L to IMATS (SYD) today - we paid AUD$30 each for our tickets. We got to the exhibition centre at Darling Harbour at around 12:30pm and left at 3:30pm.


This year the known stores like MAC PRO, INGLOT, MAKE UP FOREVER (MUFE), ILLAMASQUA, NAPOLEON PERDIS and BEN NYE were there.
I manage to only pick up some stuff from Crown Brushes, Inglot and MUFE since most of the stores were full of people and that I didn't need much things since I'm no professional. I saw some people spending over AUD$600 in one counter and I went wide eyed. I know you can be a professional, but do you really need all that makeup? Since they do have expiry dates and all.. :S
Also the Illamasqua counter was very disappointing since I was planning to purchase some stuff there but all they had was a small table of leftovers... that was like 1/500 of their actual collection ):

Some of the stuff I bought are:

Inglot Shadows and Blush:


Overall: The colors 393 and 407 are both pearls whereas 65 and 480 have a lot of silver glitters in them in the pan but does not transfer very much when applied.
All the shadows are extremely pigmented with the exception of 65; I think the black could go a little darker.
Very smooth and they are not powdery.
The blush in 29 is very rich in color and is a matte peachy pink blush leaning more towards the peachy side. Looks extremely natural when applied with a soft hand and is buildable.

393: This is a champagne pearl with a peachy undertone (compared to the other champagne pearls from Inglot) and I love to use this color as an overall highlight. Very versatile.
407: I love to use peachy/copper colors as an all over eye shadow because they give a very sweet yet natural look so I just had to get this color. Perfect when layered on top of my benefit creaseless cream shadow in sippin'n'dippin.
65: I was kind of disappointed with this one as it wasn't as dark as I expected but it will do for a smoky eye look with a little glitter. Looks a lot more lighter than in the pan.
480: Beautiful aqua color with silver sparkles - I had to buy this to match my formal dress.

MUFE Super Matte Loose Powder:


This powder says what it does and keeps my oil at bay all day! I bought the color in 12 which is transparent (I am around an NC25 and my skin is combination - oily) and does not look cakey at all when applied properly with a light hand as it is very finely milled. Does not break me out which is a bonus!

Crown Brushes:

I LOVE THESE BRUSHES! They are super soft and sturdy and does not shed at all when I wash them!
Highly recommended!

Also I managed to meet Purse Buzz and Napoleon Perdis himself.
There were also some shows and people were being transformed for the contest which was pretty cool.
Overall it was a good experience but I'm still reconsidering about re-attending next year.

After we left the exhibition centre, we went to have lunch at Takeru where Benson turned up after we finished our food and then the weather got really awful rained on us, so we headed towards QVB Townhall where we ventured into Lush and bought some bath bombs.


And then I brought Katharine to the Pitt St Westfields while Benson went around to buy new leather shoes and we walked around until Katharine had to go home and then I met up with Benson again to go to Bryan.D's 18th birthday dinner at Wagaya.


After dinner, we went to have dessert at Meet Fresh and then I headed home!

Labels: , , ,

"IMATS 2011 SYDNEY" was Posted On: Saturday, September 24, 2011 @9:43 PM | 4 lovely comments

« Older posts | Newer posts»